Sunday 1 November 2015

Welcome

In my experience, questions are dangerous. Today, it seems, questions occupy a peculiar space - am I right?
In some ways we seem to have less and less space for questions. We seem to be able to manufacture the influences that shape our ideology. In this place where our news feeds are organized to simply reiterate the views we already have, questions seem to take on the nature of attack. That means that we spend less time contending with questions - especially those that do challenge us to consider an opposing view.
In other ways questions seem to lose the power of inquisition. Colloquial use of questions as statements have blurred the role of questions in discourse. At times I wonder if all questions have become oddly rhetorical. Beyond that even some of the best questions seem to have lost their "carbonation". I wonder if that is due to our decreased attention span or some other nuanced factor. 
The objective of this blog is to build my own ability to ask and think about better questions. To that end I welcome your input or output - as long as it is respectful of an honest inquiry.
Just a heads up - I anticipate that the topic areas that we will explore will be related generally to religion and politics. As a former cleric and political junkie - I anticipate spending most of my energy on these topics. Now does anyone know how to generate readership? 

No comments:

Post a Comment